Thursday, July 17, 2008

Incentive Enough?


That's Right - $4.49/gallon I took this photo on July 8th. There really isn't much more incentive than that to begin chosing other forms of transporation...even at $3.50 a gallon, it makes sense to commute by bicycle.

Recently, while I have been commuting to work, I have been noticing significantly more cyclists on the road that in the past. Whereas, I would see maybe on or two cyclists (if any), I am now seeing five to ten a day.

The amount of money that I save because I now drive a gas sucking manly-van (...aka mini-van) has increased substantially from my former and beloved hybrid.

Each day I commute to work, I save more than a gallon of gas (1.136 gallons to be precise). At the current gas price, I have saved over $35 during my last two weeks of commuting to work. At least it defrays the increased cost of groceries.

1 comment:

RMF said...

I drove my gas guzzling mall cruiser SUV to work today. That's about 2 gallons of gasoline round trip if I don't make any stops on the way home. At least it burns regular...