Friday, November 03, 2006

Disowning the Vikings, and adopting the Bears

I have been a lifelong fan of the Vikings. Now, after living in the Chicago area for four years, I think this will be the year that I root for the Bears. Why now? Well, when a team is winning it makes it easier to get to know the players and want to wish them well. I have been able to watch more Vikings games this year than any other of my 4 years in Chicago. I have always wanted to watch every Vikings games and have only seen a few, while the Bears are on every week. I feel as though I am Cubs fan when I sit watching the Vikes (they lose by self destruction -make stupid plays, and get penalized left and right). In years past, my favorite teams have been the Vikings and anyone playing the Packers. This year, I will be torn when I watch the Bears play the Vikes. Right now, I think I am going to root for the Bears this year and years to come.

Sorry it has had to come to this Vikes...

P.S. For baseball I still love the Twins and have never wanted to become a Cubs or Sox fan, and I think that the departure of the North Stars ruined me as a pro hockey fan.

No comments: