Wednesday, October 19, 2005

1,226 Miles as of today...

...however, I will be adding another 8 miles by the end of the night. One week ago tonight, I had a midterm exam (that I completely rocked!) and while riding home I got two-flats at once. I started the season with 10 tubes and now I have none.

The temperature is really starting to taper off in the evenings. It is sort of nice except that it seems that there is less oxygen in the air. I tend to get winded a little more easily. This could also be due to the fact that I am riding less per week.

My weight has stayed level. At this point I believe that I will take my friend John's suggestion to weigh myself daily. I recently saw two articles about weight loss that have helped steer this decision.
http://cbs2chicago.com/health/health_story_289194314.html
http://www.chicagotribune.com/features/lifestyle/health/chi-051017weight,1,6993043.story?coll=chi-health-utl

If one begets the other then, by all means, hop on the scale!

2 comments:

John said...

Scott,

Sorry to hear that you've not made a lot of headway recently. Hopefully weighing yourself daily will help.

I found it helped to keep myself in check on a daily basis. Your weight will fluctuate daily, but as long as you are eating right and exercising, it should not go up very often.

Oddly enough, I found that bad eating (or good, for that matter) decisions were reflected one day later--not immediately. Not sure if that is normal, but that has been my experience.

Good luck.

Anonymous said...

Can you please post something new?
I am sick if not seeing any new posts from you.