Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Mad Speed!

I had some big plans to ride about 80 miles over Easter weekend; however, I muched my rear wheel on a big hole while riding in a 25 person peloton. The rider in front of me floated over the hole without calling out the hazard, and I nailed it with all of my weight earning myself two flats. I finished 58 miles, the typical ride but I am in need of a new rear wheel. The highlight of the ride was that I was able to ride with the "A" riders of the cycling group. Before my flats, I hung onto a speed of 28 mph for about 15 miles. MAD SPEED! I weighed in today at 226 lbs, 41 pounds until my goal. I can't wait to ride with the A-group at my target weight (after unloading my sack of butter).

I took out the C-Dale Lampre for about 15 miles on Easter and it is such a beautiful ride. The bike is impressively tight laterally, providing an absolute minimum of energy loss. I am so thrilled to ride that bike. I have been treating the Lampre as a carrot, but after my latest riding speeds, I think I should take the Lampre on the next group ride.

No comments: