Thursday, March 09, 2006

Planning for the Future, Executing in the Present, and Recalling the past

Lately, I have not had too much to say. I have been continuing with my training, and have maintained continued weight loss. Although, two weekends ago, I treated my body rather poorly. I went to a Ski Party in Wisconsin that is billed as "...kindergarten with alcohol". Needless to say, the lifestyle of health and fitness was put on hold for a few days. Those few days off of the bike were good for recovery (of muscles and saddle pain)

I think that I am going to have to get the cyclocross bike I mentioned earlier, and probably a nice gift for my wife for her understanding of my cycling needs! (I love you Kat! You are the best!)

My six13 is almost fully built. It is the lightest bicycle that I have ever felt. On that point, I must say that it is pretty ridiculous considering the bike is one of the lightest manufactured, and I am by no means a featherlight rider. I intend to break it in softly (nothing too agressive) while I continue to lose weight. I hope to be under 200 before I really take the bike to task.

After a head-on collision with a car and the theft of my cyclocross bike involved in the accident, it is time to return to commuting. (I believe that the bike was cursed given its history. I can only hope the curse remains for whoever possesses the bike now.)

--By the way, bike thieves are one of the lowest forms of human life. For me cycling embodies the freedom, adventure, and imagination of childhood. Bike theft invades the innocence embodied in cycling.

No comments: