Wednesday, March 01, 2006

That fatty is going to do what?!?

Some "scum of the earth" stole my cyclocross bike that I had pitured here in December. I have been considering a new cyclocross bike because they are the perfect commuting bike. I have my eye on a Cannondale Cyclocross Disc- a very sexy bicycle. Also, I have been slowly acquiring all of the bits and pieces for my new road frame. My grand cycling plan is this:

Cyclocross Bike - Year-round commuter, Touring
Old Road Bike - All conditions training, Centuries, Criterium Racing
New Road Bike - Good weather training, Centuries, time trials, All other racing (no crits)

Did you all catch that? I balloned up to 265+lbs over the winter and I am planning to race this year. I am down to 236lbs currently and the weight is still falling off nicely. My body fat percentage is dropping while my lean body mass is increasing.

I have joined a cycling group that I will begin riding with as the daylight increases and I have been contemplating joining xXx Racing.

I hope to enter a few races before my Mpls-Chicago trip. Following the trip I hope to enter many more.

No comments: