Saturday, January 21, 2006

Basal Metabolic Rate Test...

Okay, my meeting today with Cassandra was really informative. My Resting Metabolic Rate (RMR) test indicated that I will burn approximately 1480 calories/day to live. That is, the amount of caloires without standing up or moving around. Now, when I took nutrition class in college, we used the Harris Benedict equation to determine the RMR. That equation is based on empirical data and is presented as follows:
66.5 + 13.8*(Weight in kilograms) + 5*(height in cm) - 6.8*(age in years) = RMR
Entering my information yields the following:
66.5+13.8*113.4+5*182.9-6.8*27 = 2362 calories/day

That is a difference of 880 calories/day. The informative component of this is used while determining the energy deficit component of weight loss. A pound of fat (4 sticks of butter) has 3500 calories/pound. Given the above information, my weekly weight loss may be be slowed by almost pounds a week. (880*7)=6160 calories.

I had to log my eating habits for a week prior to our meeting (average calories/day was 1700). Based on this logshe told me to consume more calories per day using foods based on the calorie source inserted at parts of the day that correspond with my exercie.

She gave me the simple desciption of calorie function based of the foods source:
Carbohydrate = Fuel for your body
Protein = Repair mechanism for your body
Fat = Makes you feel full

No comments: