Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Full Contact Bike Riding

On my way to the gym this morning (6:15AM), a significantly challenged individual drove his car into me. I had a headlight and two taillights on my helmet. I was east bound and this westbound a**hole was taking a left turn and did not stop until his car was directly in front of me. Whammo!...Head-on collision. My bike suffered the worst of it. I skinned my knee, but I bent my fork.

I say this fellow was challenged because he was driving a circa 1980 minivan and he was taking a turn into the Currency Exchange. Three people (that look less capable than those shaking cups full of change at me on my way to work) stepped out of the car to see if I was okay. I do not know why people are so lazy and careless to conduct business at one of these establishments. Because my bike and I were not hurt too bad, I did not want to make this fellow's life any more miserable. The guy was at a Currency Exchange, obviously he doesn't have a bank account and he was probably uninsured. I only hope I don't come across an unknown injury.

No comments: