Thursday, September 15, 2005

Cycling Electronics

I have the say that having a lot of things to look at and short term targets to set. Before today, I had only been using my cyclometer and my heart rate monitor. I strapped on the HRM and It was nice to see that my heart rate was not at the usual 190-200 beats per minute (bpm).

I noticed that my max heart rate this morning was ~175bpm with an average heart rate of 160bpm. I am glad that I am the fat burning range and that I was within my target heart rate zone for 27min30sec. As you can see below, I was going fairly slow this morning. This was due to the fact that I pushed myself really hard on my ride home from school last night.

School To Home: (Last Night)
Cannondale Road Bike
Total Distance: 7.5 miles
Time: 22min 11sec
Gallons of gas saved: 0.25 gallons

To Work: (This Morning)
Cannondale Road Bike
Total Distance: 8 miles
Time: 28min 56sec
Gallons of gas saved: 0.25 gallons

No comments: