Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Too many days off of the bike...

As a quick recap of the last 6 days:
On Friday I rode my bike to Naperville and had to pick up a bunch of equipment for field work on Monday. I had the bulkiest and heaviest pack of stuff that I have ever carried on my body while biking. Thankfully my wife picked me up after I had completed 10 miles on the return trip.

My weekend was gluttonous. I enjoyed myself too much with both food and drink.

I couldn't ride my bike due to the field work on Monday. On Tuesday, I chose not to ride my bike with all of the heavy equiptment that I carried on Friday.

Back to the present:
Riding today was brutile. My legs were strong, but my lungs and heart were weak. Today, I changed packs from my messenger bag to a standard backpack because of school material, night riding gear, locks, and other crap. The backpack sits a lot higher on my back than a messenger bag and it makes riding much more difficult. Unfortunately, my view over my left shoulder is obstucted by backpack when I ride with it on.

I need to stay riding!

Weight from Friday: 249.5 lbs

No comments: