Friday, September 09, 2005

Ride home: A complete disaster...

As I mentioned in my ride to work my legs were fatigued. The situation did not improve throughout the day. My tank was on "E" because I have been limiting my intake of calories. I ate one powerbar before leaving work and another after 10 miles into my ride. I took a little too much time to leave work which added to my problems. It was pitch black when I had about eight miles to go. At this point in my ride the traffic is really heavy and I did not have a "flasher" (tail light) to let cars know I was around. Because of this I was pushed near the curb and had to ride on the concrete gutter. This sucked bad! Every eight feet or so, there is a crack in the gutter. I was clipping along at about 25mph when I hid a crack that was about two-feet wide and six-inches deep.

Hmmm...guess what will happens when a 250lb. cyclist hits a six inch concrete ledge at 25mph...I'll put it this way: The air escaped from my tire in rapid fashion!

Two flats this week. Maybe my wife is right, maybe I am cursed? If I am cursed, I guess I just need to keep buying inner tubes.

To Home
Cannondale Road Bike
Total Distance: 25.20 miles
Time: 1hr 40min 40sec
Gallons of gas saved: 0.75 gallons

Evening Weight!
248.5lbs (Down 11.5 lbs/46 sticks of butter)

No comments: