Thursday, September 01, 2005

First Post!

I finally have set up a blog and golly am I excited. I intend to discuss the subjects of the title of my blog and track my weight loss. My primary mode of excercise will be cycling. We'll see how the Chicago winter treats me.

As background, when I finished High School, I weighed over 310lbs. After my freshman year of college, I decided that I needed to shed some pounds to be more appealing to the ladies. I set course on a diet whereby I dropped my weight to 175 lbs. Since that time I rode my bicycle from Minneapolis, MN to Daytona Beach, FL. Now I am married and have fallen into complacency. I am a desk-engineer and my weight has gradually increased to 260lbs. This is unacceptable to me, and through this blog, I am going to track my progress to the "under 200s".

I have taken to cycling to and from work, (Oak Park to Downtown Chicago, 8mi each way). Some of the drivers in the west-side do not always see me, and if there is a lot of deadspace in this blog it is likely because I was taken down by a vehicle or otherwise in this area.

To work today:
Morning Weight: 260lbs (Hopefully the highest posted here)
Cannondale Road Bike
Total Distance: 8 miles
Time: 26min 3sec
Gallons of gas saved: 0.25 gallons

Wish me luck!

No comments: