Thursday, September 01, 2005

I did it once, I can do it agian...

Okay, losing weight has a lot to do with will-power. Going back to when I originally lost weight, I was painfully hungry. I mean PAINFUL. It makes me irritable, and unpleasant to be around. The cure? Stay hungry. It only took two months for the hunger to go away in the past. Hopefully less now.

The other factor with will power is this: Now that I am extremenly hungry, I still have to eat. Eating needs to be based on caloric intake, not satiety. This will come in time (less than 2 months this time, I hope).

Cures to the hunger:
Don't drink diet soda (it makes the hunger more intense);
Drink water;
Eat catabolic foods like celery; and,
Endure the hunger pain (it goes away)

Work to Home:
Evening Weight: 256.5lbs
Cannondale Road Bike
Total Distance: 8 miles
Time: 30min 3sec (Heinous Headwind)
Gallons of gas saved: 0.25 gallons

2 comments:

John said...

Scott,

I am sorry to hear that you've had such poor weight results in the last year.

I wish you the best of luck as you pursue weight loss again. I sympathize with you for sure.

I am only about ten pounds above my lowest weight, but I too could stand to lose a few of those again.

Welcome to the Blogosphere!

Psyclist said...

Good to hear your continued success. The weigh gain was came on due to creep and loss of a dedicated mindset.

My mindset is back, and my desire for weight loss it to stay healthy. I can't very well preach environmental sustainability while going for the antithesis of sustainability with my body.

When I hopped on the scale this morning I almost crapped my pants! 260lbs! WTF! All of my clothes fit, albeit a little tight, but when I started my current job I weighed 215lbs. A gain of 45 in a year and a half! I am so upset with myself.

Good to hear from you! I am excited about Bloggin'