Friday, September 09, 2005

Ride to Naperville

Today I rode my bike to my company’s office in Naperville. It is a 25-mile trip one-way and I have been taking IL-38 (Roosevelt Road) from Oak Park to this location. I tried to protein load last night to give my legs a good opportunity to recover. However, this morning my legs were still feeling the pain from all of my riding this week. I tried to focus on “spinning” (pedaling between 80 and 90 rpm) so that I would not overexert myself. I think it helped because I was able to sprint with no problems late into my ride.

When compared to the 50-mile ride I did on Monday, this ride was much more difficult because I was carrying approximately 25lbs. of stuff on my back (work clothes, files, shoes, etc.) and the traffic was pretty heavy.

To Work:
Cannondale Road Bike
Total Distance: 25.28 miles
Time: 1hr 20min 9sec
Gallons of gas saved: 0.75 gallons

2 comments:

California Girl said...

Good for you doing the riding - it saves on gas, energy and, like you said, is good exercise. Wishing you the best on your weight lose. Continue on - you're on the right track.

Psyclist said...

Thanks girlie! I am glad you stopped by and thank you for your well wishes.