Monday, September 12, 2005

Looking Foward...

Goals are critical to keep your mind focused. As I mentioned in my first post (see Sept. archive) I rode my bike to Florida from Minneapolis, MN. As I decided to go on this trip in the fall and planned to execute the ride the following summer, this was great motivation over the winter.

I feel as though I need a new target to set my sights on, and a reason to keep myself motivated through the winter. I have decided that I will travel from Mpls, MN (my old home) to Chicago, IL (my new home). I would like to conduct this ride with a partner; however, I think that it may be difficult to roundup any willing participants. My plan is to do this ride over a long weekend plus a little PTO. In the past, I completed this leg of my trip in 4 days (pedalling approximately 100 miles/day).

The tentative plan (although I need to check with the CFO) is to begin on Friday May 26th and finish on Monday May 29th (memorial day). This schedule is subject to change. This ride contemplates 100 miles per day and would be entirely self contained; that is, tenting on the side of the road, bringing own food, etc.

Any takers?

No comments: